Hammerspace, a leader in data management solutions, is seeking a seasoned Senior Staff Software QA
Engineer with experience in testing Filesystems, File and Directory Services Protocols (NFS, SMB, AD).
- Lead the testing of SMB features by participating in product design and building test strategies through hands on testing and automation
- Review feature designs and provide feedback to the development team to improve product quality and testability
- Devise test strategies to find product vulnerabilities through cross-functional, system and stress testing
- Work closely with developers to understand new and existing features, bug fixes and develop test cases for new features and regression testing
- Collaborate with the automation team to develop test automation for different product features
- Interface and work with the Customer Support team to understand customer issues, reproduce them in-house and debug them
- Work remotely with a global team, communicating effectively via Slack, Zoom, Email, Confluence and Jira.
- Hands on experience working on SMB/CIFS protocols, Samba, Windows and Linux
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, NIS, NFS and Kerberos
- Software test development experience with scripting, Python and Powershell
- Experience with packet capture tools like wireshark and tcpdump
- Experience writing and executing complex system level test plans, test cases and test reports
- Track record of being a key contributor in successful projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with a strong quality background
- BS in Computer Science with 10+ years of experience or MS in Computer Science with 8+ years of experience
Additional Desired Skills
- Familiarity with Windows Server and Active Directory administration
Please send your resume to email@example.com
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies
Agencies are hereby specifically directed not to contact Hammerspace employees directly in an attempt to present candidates. To protect the interests of all parties, Hammerspace will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Hammerspace will be considered Hammerspace property. Hammerspace will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Hammerspace will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Agency must obtain advance written approval from Hammerspace’s recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Hammerspace will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place.