Hammerspace delivers a Global Data Environment that spans data centers, AWS, Azure, and Google cloud infrastructure. With origins in Linux, NFS, Open standards, Flash and deep file system and data management technology leadership, Hammerspace delivers the world’s first and only solution to
connect global users with their data and applications on any existing data center infrastructure or AWS, Azure and Google services.
Hammerspace is seeking a seasoned Platform Engineer with experience in Python and Linux to join our team responsible for packaging, deployment, and configuration of Hammerspace, on premise and in the cloud.
- Design, implement, and support product features related to installation, system configuration,
- software upgrade, failure handling and recovery.
- Integrate and manage system components and services at the Platform layer.
- Work with Software Architects and Product Management to design, deliver and enhance
- product features.
- Optimize existing code to improve performance, stability, supportability and usability.
- Develop software confidence and reliability by using best practices and current software
- patterns, writing clear and understandable code which lends itself to maintainability.
- Estimate and report development efforts.
- Participate in all aspects of peer code reviews.
- Work with the test team to provide TOIs and review test plans and test automation.
- Work with Customer Support and customers, if needed, to resolve issues in the field.
- Work remotely with a global team, communicating effectively via Slack, Zoom, Email, Confluence, Jira and Bitbucket.
- Expertise in the Linux operating system.
- Excellent Python and scripting skills.
- Knowledge of High Availability principles of system design and enterprise software development
- Experience debugging complex issues in a highly available distributed environment.
- Experience integrating and troubleshooting Open Source packages.
- Working knowledge of source control management systems such as Git.
- Experience delivering and supporting features across multiple releases.
- 8+ years of related experience with a BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree; or 6+ years and a Master’s degree; or 3+ years with a PhD.
Additional Skills Desired
- Storage system domain knowledge (NFS, SMB, block, and object storage).
- Networking domain knowledge.
- Proficiency in RedHat Linux management (systemd, kickstart, RPMs, grub).
- Experience with virtual machines and containers.
- Experience with automation and deployment tools such as Terraform, Ansible, and SaltStack.
- Experience building and integrating Java, C, and C++ applications.
- Familiarity with deploying virtual machines in AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com