Welcome to the October 2023 edition of the Hammerspace Newsletter!
One of the biggest challenges organizations face is putting distributed unstructured data sets to work with cloud-based AI models in Snowflake, Databricks, etc. while simultaneously delivering the performance and scale for data-intensive GPU compute clusters in data centers.
This is why our focus this month is Artificial Intelligence, providing the latest in valuable resources, insights, and information to keep you in the know.
- Join us on Thursday, Nov. 2 for a webinar to learn how organizations can “Converge HPC, HPDA, and AI Data Architectures in Different Data Centers and Clouds with a Single, High-Performance, Parallel Global File System.”
- Download our brand-new eBook, Unstructured Data Orchestration For Dummies, Hammerspace Special Edition
- Discover best practices in building AI data pipelines with the Data Unchained podcast
- Learn why Cathie Wood’s ARK Invest is excited about putting decentralized data to work in AI workloads in this conversation with Hammerspace founder and CEO, David Flynn
- Read about Hammerspace’s innovative approach to disruption in Authority magazine, and catch up on our latest editorial coverage
Join us on Thursday, Nov. 2 at 8 a.m. PT/11 a.m. ET as Hammerspace’s Molly Presley hosts a discussion with Gary Grider, Leader of the HPC Division at Los Alamos National Laboratory; Senior Analyst Mark Nossokoff of Hyperion Research; and David Flynn, CEO of Hammerspace. Participants will learn:
- How to unify data created in different clusters, locations, and clouds into a single namespace enabling automated data placement locally to applications and compute for processing and AI.
- How to unify home directories, scratch, analytics, training, and distribution into a single, high-performance file system
- How the latest advancements in parallel file systems are paving the way for extreme performance in a standards-based deployment
- How to leverage automated data orchestration to overcome previously held notions about data gravity. This ensures data is transparently staged to the correct compute resource when needed to create local proximity to AI models, enabling seamless collaboration across data silos and locations.
Introducing our new eBook, Unstructured Data Orchestration For Dummies, Hammerspace Special Edition
As AI adoption accelerates and data continues to grow exponentially, it’s no longer an adjunct to your business needs; instead, it’s the lifeblood for new revenue streams and an opportunity for increased operational efficiencies when orchestrated properly.
We created this eBook to define data orchestration and explain the business case for orchestrating distributed data, as well as to underscore the urgency of doing so. Read more in our related blog post, “Never Choose Between High Performance and Leveraging Remote Data Sets Again.”
The days of enterprises struggling with a siloed, distributed and inefficient data environment are over. It’s time to start expecting more from your data architectures with automated data orchestration!
Catch up on the latest episodes from the Data Unchained podcast.
Best Practices in Building AI Data Pipelines with David Flynn
Preparing Data Governance for AI Models with Lauren Maffeo
Investing in Data Solutions that Power AI with Jonathan Tower
Investor Strategies in the Next Data Cycle of AI and Data Technologies with David Flynn & Frank Timons
Subscribe to the Data Unchained podcast here, and listen on your favorite podcast platform, including:
NEWS! We are thrilled to be selected as a winner of the Best of Show awards at IBC2023 in the TVBEurope category as a result of our work with Mathematic Studio.
“We tried other solutions, but they were all too disruptive and involved data copies and delays,” said Clement Germain, Lead Flame Artist and VFX Supervisor at Mathematic. “With Hammerspace, we could simply plug in all our storage arrays and have all the data immediately available to all our users across all office locations, including those in Canada and the United States.
“Being able to seamlessly bridge all of our locations into a multi-site global namespace allows our artists to collaborate on the same files in a live file system, and we no longer have to wrangle file copies between locations.”
Discover the latest information and resources from Hammerspace:
White Paper: How Hammerspace is Revolutionizing AI Workloads
On-Demand Webinar: State of Data Architectures in the Next Data Cycle
Data Sheet: Hammerspace for Artificial Intelligence
Solution Page: Analytics, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
Will You Be at SC23 in Denver?
Hammerspace at AWS re:Invent
Hammerspace will be at AWS re:Invent Nov. 28 – pre-book your meeting with us at our Whisper Suite in the Venetian Hotel.
Looking for additional ways to stay up to date about all things Hammerspace? Find us on the channels and media you love most, and don’t forget to like and subscribe!