Welcome to the January 2024 edition of the Hammerspace Newsletter!
We’re kicking off the new year with a focus on helping organizations enable a Global Data Environment.
The Hammerspace Global Data Environment provides compute clusters, applications, and users with high-performance local access to data that may be stored across widely distributed storage types and locations with automated data orchestration, while at the same time ensuring data security, governance, and access controls.
We’re excited to welcome in the new year with massive third-party validation and recognition, including recent accolades from GigaOm, TechTarget and DCIG!
- Discover Hammerspace’s predictions for 2024 in VMblog, The IT Nerd, eWeek, and Datanami
- Will 2024 be the year of the Enterprise LLM? Read Eric Bassier’s blog post to learn more, and our announcement where we released a reference architecture for Large Language Model (LLM) training.
- Find out what led GigaOm to recognize Hammerspace as a Leader and “Fast Mover” in its GigaOm Radar Reports for High-Performance Cloud File Storage and Distributed Cloud File Storage.
Earlier this month we announced the expansion of our Global Data Environment to incorporate data on ANY storage option – from flash, NAS, object, cloud and now, tape.
Together with technology partners Grau Data, PoINT Software & Systems and QStar Technologies, the expansion of Hammerspace third-party storage support to include tape greatly benefits HPC, M&E, public sector organizations and enterprises with large data sets stored on large tape systems to meet economic, power efficiency and ransomware protection goals.
Read our blog post, “Hammerspace Now Supports Data On Tape,” and some of the great editorial coverage on the news:
- Tech Target, “Hammerspace’s global file system now includes tape”
- ComputerWeekly, “Tape is back on the main menu“
- Blocks & Files, “Hammerspace expands Global Data Environment with archival tape system support.”
Get comfy and settle in to watch our first Field CTO Office Hours session on-demand, as Hammerspace’s Johan Ballin, Eric Bassier and Floyd Christofferson discuss “Adding Tape to a Unified Global Data Environment.”
Then, mark your calendars and grab your Valentine for a session on Wednesday, February 14 at 8 a.m. PT focused on “AI Data Pipeline Architectures” with Matt Fornito (“The AI Guy”), and Hammerspace’s Chad Smith and Brian Bashaw.
This Is Huge! Hammerspace grabs GOLD in the “Storage System and Application Software” category of TechTarget’s Best Enterprise Data Storage Products of 2023. A panel of industry experts gave Hammerspace’s software high marks for its functionality, performance, ease of integration, ease of use and manageability.
One judge cited Hammerspace’s “impressive innovation to accelerate data movement and orchestration across environments.”
Catch up on the latest episodes from the Data Unchained podcast
- Deconstructing Data Management with Yuliia Tkachova
- The Seven Principles of the Data Pipeline with Ariel Pohoryles
- Adopting AI Strategy in Data-Centric Organizations with Matt Fornito
Subscribe to the Data Unchained podcast here, and listen on your favorite podcast platform, including:
Discover the latest information and resources from Hammerspace:
- On-Demand Webinar: 2023 GigaOm Report for High-Performance and Distributed Cloud File Storage
- Solution Briefs:
- PoINT Software & Systems and Hammerspace Bring Long-Term Archive to a Global Data Environment
- QStar and Hammerspace: Creating an Enterprise Archive Across a Global Data Environment
- Hammerspace and XtreemStore: Revolutionizing Data Preservation with Seamless Orchestration and Unmatched Economy
- Hammerspace and Vcinity Fueling AI/ML With Instant Access to Data Everywhere
Going to the HPA Tech Retreat February 18-22?
Set up a meeting on our interactive calendar here to learn how Hammerspace provides television and film creatives, content publishers, special effects artists, and corporate video producers the ability to securely work efficiently and effectively in a decentralized world.
Attending the Storage Technology Showcase March 3-6?
The fifth annual Storage Technology Showcase (STS) focuses on the “Considerations of the AI impact on Storage.” Meet with Team Hammerspace to learn how organizations are putting distributed unstructured data sets to work in their AI strategies.
Looking for additional ways to stay up to date about all things Hammerspace? Find us on the channels and media you love most, and don’t forget to like and subscribe!