Hammerspace, a leader in data management solutions, is seeking a Professional Services Architect who will use their knowledge and experience to help drive Hammerspace product adoption and reduce overall customer time to value. Ideal candidates will possess both technical and customer-facing skills to help discover, plan, and execute project requirements to drive customer success.
- Effectively communicate Hammerspace solutions architecture to the customer, third parties, and project teams
- Lead and deliver professional services to Hammerspace customers
- Drive customer and internal resources and activities to ensure delivery within the scope and time
- Deliver workshops and other forms of knowledge exchange with project participants
- Provide post-sales technical consulting
- Work directly with customers to drive the adoption and expansion of Hammerspace solutions and integrated services
Process and Content Development:
- Assist the Support organization as needed to facilitate project progress (technical expert, remote hands, and customer liaison with Support)
- Assist in the development and maintenance of Hammerspace consulting service offerings, including the definition of project tasks, milestones, and workflows, pre- and post-deployment deliverables, and deployment templates
- Assist in the development and continual improvement of architectural blueprints that cover installation, integration, applications, NAS assimilation, and scripting/automation
- Document and maintain best practices for deploying, configuring, automating, and managing Hammerspace solutions
- Provide feedback to fellow Professional Services Architects, Systems Engineers, Support, and Engineering on ways to improve the overall Hammerspace customer experience
- Create knowledge base articles related to Hammerspace best practices and architectures
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time Overall 5+ years of experience
- Minimum 3+ years of experience as a technical solutions architect in an enterprise customer or consulting/professional services environment, including both managing and overseeing projects
- Strong knowledge of one or more legacy or modern NAS platforms (NetApp 7/C-mode, Isilon, Nasuni, Qumulo, Dell EMC Unity/VNX) and one or more filesystem protocols (NFS, SMB/CIFS, S3)
- Strong background in networking and virtualization technologies (VMware, Hyper-V, KHV)
- Strong knowledge of network and storage fundamentals and best practices
- Intermediate knowledge of Linux; examples of common tasks include analyzing permissions/ACLs, parsing log data, obtaining/validating configuration settings, etc.
- Intermediate knowledge of cloud computing (AWS, Azure preferred)
- Experience with scripting (Bash, Python, PowerShell, etc.) and knowledge of infrastructure automation/orchestration platforms (Terraform, Puppet, etc.)
- Strong writing, presentation, communication, and cross-functional collaboration skills
The anticipated base salary range for this role is $120,000 to $200,000. Actual compensation will be determined by several factors including, but not limited to, level of professional/education experience, skills/abilities, internal equity, and budgetary considerations. In addition, Hammerspace offers a broad range of health plans for medical, dental, vision, life and disability. We also offer 401k plans and flexible time off.