Hammerspace, a leader in Data Management and Orchestration solutions, is seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager who will use their knowledge and experience to help ensure the success of Hammerspace’s engineering initiatives, from initial planning to completion. The Technical Program Manager will work closely with the Engineering, Product and Customer Support teams to define requirements, create project plans and manage risks. They will also ensure that the projects are completed within scope, on time and to the required company standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with Engineering teams to drive large programs or multiple projects.
- Work with Engineering leadership, Product Management and other key stakeholders to develop, maintain, and manage program requirements, plans, timeline, issues, risks, and challenges.
- Project manage new program design, implementation and launch activities across the program team, development teams and program sponsor organizations.
- Help Engineering leadership on team load balancing against various priorities and initiatives.
- Track and report on project progress and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Track and document software feature development for customers and other key stakeholders in the company.
- Facilitate communication and collaboration between engineers, product managers, and other stakeholders on a daily basis.
- Ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget, and to the required quality standards.
- Engage with Executive leadership as necessary to communicate project objectives, strategy, tactics, and ongoing progress.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms and filesystem technologies
- Experience in Agile or other development methodologies
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Strong analytical and problem–solving abilities
- Proven track record of project delivery on time
- Ability to write business requirements.
- Strong proficiency in process, workflow creation and simplification
- Understanding of filesystems architecture, analysis, and design
- Experience with project management tools and software
- Adaptability to a fast–paced, dynamic work environment
- PMP, PgMP, or relevant project management certifications are a plus
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in a technical role, such as a software engineer or technical lead.
- 3+ years of experience in project management.
- Strong written and verbal communication (5–7 years of experience)
- Strong understanding of the software development process.
- Ability to work in a team or independently with little supervision.
- Great interpersonal skills to work with various stakeholders and audiences.