Hammerspace, a leader in data management solutions, is seeking a seasoned Senior Staff Software QA Engineer with experience in testing Filesystems, File and Directory Services Protocols (NFS, SMB, AD).
- Lead the testing of SMB features by participating in product design and building test strategies through hands on testing and automation
- Review feature designs and provide feedback to the development team to improve product quality and testability
- Devise test strategies to find product vulnerabilities through cross-functional, system and stress testing
- Work closely with developers to understand new and existing features, bug fixes and develop test cases for new features and regression testing
- Collaborate with the automation team to develop test automation for different product features
- Interface and work with the Customer Support team to understand customer issues, reproduce them in-house and debug them
- Work remotely with a global team, communicating effectively via Slack, Zoom, Email, Confluence and Jira.
- Hands on experience working on SMB/CIFS protocols, Samba, Windows and Linux
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, NIS, NFS and Kerberos
- Software test development experience with scripting, Python and Powershell
- Experience with packet capture tools like wireshark and tcpdump
- Experience writing and executing complex system level test plans, test cases and test reports
- Track record of being a key contributor in successful projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with a strong quality background
- BS in Computer Science with 10+ years of experience or MS in Computer Science with 8+ years of experience
Additional Desired Skills
- Familiarity with Windows Server and Active Directory administration
The anticipated base salary range for this role is $120,000 to $180,000. Actual compensation will be determined by several factors including, but not limited to, level of professional/education experience, skills/abilities, internal equity, and budgetary considerations. In addition, Hammerspace offers a broad range of health plans for medical, dental, vision, life and disability. We also offer 401k plans and flexible time off.