Hammerspace delivers a Global Data Environment that spans data centers, AWS, Azure, and Google cloud infrastructure. With origins in Linux, NFS, Open standards, Flash and deep file system and data management technology leadership, Hammerspace delivers the world’s first and only solution to connect global users with their data and applications, on any existing data center infrastructure or AWS, Azure and Google services.
Hammerspace is seeking a seasoned Platform Engineer with experience in Python and Linux to join our team responsible for packaging, deployment, and configuration of Hammerspace, on-premise and in the cloud.
- Work with Software Architects and Product Management to design, implement and enhance product features related to installation, system configuration, software upgrade, failure handling and recovery.
- Integrate and manage system components and services at the platform layer.
- Work with members of the engineering organization to automate and improve internal development and test workflows using DevOps best practices.
- Develop software confidence and reliability by using best practices and current software patterns, writing clear and understandable code which lends itself to maintainability.
- Participate in all aspects of peer code reviews.
- Work with the test team to provide TOIs and review test plans and test automation.
- Work with Customer Support and customers, if needed to resolve issues in the field.
- Work remotely with a global team, communicating effectively via Slack, Zoom, Email, Confluence, Jira and Bitbucket.
- Expertise and a genuine interest in the Linux operating system.
Excellent Python and scripting skills.
- Experience debugging complex issues in a highly available distributed environment.
Experience integrating and troubleshooting open-source packages.
- Working knowledge of source control management systems such as Git.
- Experience delivering and supporting features across multiple releases.
- 5+ years of related experience with a BS in Computer Engineering or equivalent degree.
Additional Desired Skills:
- Proficiency in RedHat Linux management (systemd, kickstart, RPMs, grub).
- Experience with virtual machines and containers.
- Experience with automation and deployment tools such as Terraform, Ansible, and SaltStack.
- Storage system domain knowledge (NFS, SMB, block, and object storage).
- Networking domain knowledge.
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins.
- Experience building and integrating Java, C, and C++ applications.
- Familiarity with deploying virtual machines in AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud.
The anticipated base salary range for this role is $140,000 to $200,000. Actual compensation will be determined by several factors including, but not limited to, level of professional/education experience, skills/abilities, internal equity, and budgetary considerations. In addition, Hammerspace offers a broad range of health plans for medical, dental, vision, life and disability. We also offer 401k plans and flexible time off.