Hammerspace, a leader in data management solutions, is seeking an experienced Senior Solution Architect in Texas. The primary responsibility of this position is to find and develop new customers (i.e., starting from a technical pitch/demo through POC and proposal). This position will report directly to Hammerspace VP of Systems Engineering and Customer Success.
- Direct Sales Campaigns
- Participate in the creation of sales strategy and tactics and take ownership of technical responsibilities within customer accounts.
- Assisting customers with evaluations and benchmarks, system configurations, and system installations.
- Create and/or delivery of technical product and specific solution presentations to customers and partners.
- Demonstrate technical leadership and subject matter expertise on storage products, distributed storage architectures, file systems, and competitive offerings
- Solution Development & Sales Community
- Work closely with Hammerspace’s product team in helping to define product requirements and usability, including the creation of product specification documents.
- Creation of architecture “blueprints” for repeatable solutions that the Sales team will deliver to the customer community.
- Help with the development of a dispersed group of system and field engineers.
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time
- 5+ years of experience supporting the sales of enterprise storage to large IT organizations – including pitching/demoing products, POCs, and final configs
- Hands-On Experience with the following:
- NAS Solutions (NFS/SMB) – especially larger scale solutions
- Virtualization (VMware)
- Basic Data Center Infrastructure (Networking, Firewall Ports)
- Prior Experience with the public cloud (e.g., AWS, Azure) is highly desirable
- Strong knowledge of one or more legacy or modern NAS platforms (NetApp 7/C-mode, Isilon, Nasuni, Qumulo, Dell EMC Unity/VNX) and one or more file system protocols (NFS, SMB/CIFS, S3)
- Strong background in networking and virtualization technologies (VMware, Hyper-V, KHV)
- Strong knowledge of network and storage fundamentals and best practices
- Intermediate knowledge of Linux; examples of common tasks include analyzing permissions/ACLs, parsing log data, obtaining/validating configuration settings, etc.
- Intermediate knowledge of cloud computing (AWS, Azure preferred)
- Experience with scripting (Bash, Python, PowerShell, etc.) and knowledge of infrastructure automation/orchestration platforms (Terraform, Puppet, etc.)
- Strong writing, presentation, communication, and cross-functional collaboration skills