Hammerspace, a leader in data management solutions, is seeking an experienced Senior Solution Architect in the Washington, DC Metro Area. The primary responsibility of this position is to find and develop new customers (i.e., starting from a technical pitch/demo through POC and proposal). This position will report directly to Hammerspace VP of Systems Engineering and Customer Success.
- Direct Sales Campaigns
- Participate in the creation of sales strategy and tactics and take ownership of technical responsibilities within customer accounts.
- Assisting customers with evaluations and benchmarks, system configurations, and system installations.
- Create and/or delivery of technical product and specific solution presentations to customers and partners.
- Demonstrate technical leadership and subject matter expertise on storage products, distributed storage architectures, file systems, and competitive offerings
- Solution Development & Sales Community
- Work closely with Hammerspace’s product team in helping to define product requirements and usability, including the creation of product specification documents.
- Creation of architecture “blueprints” for repeatable solutions that the Sales team will deliver to the customer community.
- Help with the development of a dispersed group of system and field engineers.
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time
- 5+ years of experience supporting the sales of enterprise storage to large IT organizations – including pitching/demoing products, POCs, and final configs
- US Citizen
- Security Clearance or willingness to become cleared
- Hands-On Experience with the following:
- NAS Solutions (NFS/SMB) – especially larger scale solutions
- Virtualization (VMware)
- Basic Data Center Infrastructure (Networking, Firewall Ports)
- Prior Experience with the public cloud (e.g., AWS, Azure) is highly desirable
- Strong knowledge of one or more legacy or modern NAS platforms (NetApp 7/C-mode, Isilon, Nasuni, Qumulo, Dell EMC Unity/VNX) and one or more file system protocols (NFS, SMB/CIFS, S3)
- Strong background in networking and virtualization technologies (VMware, Hyper-V, KHV)
- Strong knowledge of network and storage fundamentals and best practices
- Demonstrated knowledge of storage management concepts, data communication, client/server environments, HPC Filesystems.
- Intermediate knowledge of Linux; examples of common tasks include analyzing permissions/ACLs, parsing log data, obtaining/validating configuration settings, etc.
- Intermediate knowledge of cloud computing (AWS, Azure preferred)
- Experience with scripting (Bash, Python, PowerShell, etc.) and knowledge of infrastructure automation/orchestration platforms (Terraform, Puppet, etc.)
- Strong writing, presentation, communication, and cross-functional collaboration skills
The anticipated base salary range for this role is $120,000 to $200,000. Actual compensation will be determined by several factors including, but not limited to, level of professional/education experience, skills/abilities, internal equity, and budgetary considerations. In addition, Hammerspace offers a broad range of health plans for medical, dental, vision, life and disability. We also offer 401k plans and flexible time off.